Five Truths to Remember in 2015
- Remember that Christ is all (v11)
- Remember that Christ is in all (v11)
- Remember that we are chosen, holy, and loved by God (v12)
- Remember that we are forgiven (v13)
- Remember that we are one body (v15)
How can we help each other remember these truths?
- Through the word spoken (v16)
- Through the word seen (v17)
Colossians 3:11–17 (ESV)
11 Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, 13 bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. 14 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.