WHAT IS A GOSPEL COMMUNITY GROUP (GCG)?
Fellowship Louisville is made up of a network of GCGs – gospel-centered communities on mission in the city of Louisville. Each group consists of between 8-18 people who meet regularly throughout the city to grow as disciples and to reach out to a specific pocket of people.
GCGs are the primary way to connect with others at Fellowship Louisville, grow as a disciple, and pursue life on mission together.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Not every group looks identical. But each group organizes itself around some specific commitments:
1. We are Worshippers. The goal of our GCGs is to help one another find deeper and deeper joy in Christ crucified and risen. We do this by helping each other center our lives more fully in the gospel message.
2. We are Learners. Each GCG centers it’s life together on the Bible. A regular part of what you’ll do in your GCG is study scripture, discuss the sermons more deeply, or read helpful Christian books.
3. We are a Family. It is vital to understand that a GCG is not an event you attend one night a week. Rather, it is a family that you enter into. And like any healthy family, life together involves much more than a Bible lesson once a week. It involves eating together, having fun together, serving one another, speaking truth to each other, and sacrificing for one another (Acts 2:42-47).
4. We are Servants. GCGs are not a place for spiritual consumers to come and be served. Rather, the focus is on growing as disciples of the One who came, “not to be served, but to serve, and to give life as a ransom for many” (Mk 10:45). Therefore, groups not only seek to serve one another. They intentionally seek to serve and bless their neighborhoods.
5. We are Missionaries. GCGs aren’t simply a place to find Christian friends. Jesus said, “As the Father has sent me, so I send you” (Jn 20:21). The church corporately, and every Christian individually, is a missionary by nature. We are sent to make disciples of all the nations (Matt 28:18-20). Therefore, each GCG at Fellowship Louisville seeks to demonstrate and declare the gospel to a specific pocket of people.
How Can I Get Involved?
To get involved in a GCG, please fill out the form below, and we will contact you soon to connect you to a group near you. If you have any questions, please contact Emily Pellowe at email@example.com.